Whey protein is an amazing supplement and in my opinion, is taken for granted because of its mass popularity. Whey protein has been around for over 50 years and has been a staple for body builders and fitness enthusiasts alike. Whey protein is the easiest and most convenient form of protein powder. Whether you are a body builder, weekend warrior, or an average guy, you need protein and amino acids to function at your peak capacity. There are also many other amazing health benefits to whey protein consumption – there is a reason for its mass popularity.
Let’s take a look at some of the top benefits of whey protein:
- Helps Build Muscles. Whey protein is an essential muscle builder and if you are trying to pack on lean muscle, you should be consuming whey protein several times a day. I consume whey protein isolate, the purest and fastest absorbing form of whey protein, several times a day. It is fantastic to consume after your workouts to restore your amino acid levels and depleted muscle cells. If you are looking to add lean muscle, you should make sure to consume 3-4 servings of whey protein per day to ensure that your muscles are getting the proper amount of protein and amino acids.
- Helps in Weight Loss. Whey protien makes for an incredible meal replacement shake for those seeking weight loss! Traditional whey protein will have only about 13o calories per scoop and will pack in close to 25 grams of protein. My favorite muscle-building and fat-burning meal replacement is to simply blend together two scoops of my favorite flavored whey protein powder with water or almond milk. The entire shake is only about 300 calories and it will help you lose weight and build lean muscle – perfect for any diet or fitness goal!
- Reduces Cortisol Levels. A study found that regular whey protein consumption can reduce cortisol levels. Why is reducing cortisol levels important? Reduced cortisol levels means that your body is less likely to store fat from excess carbohydrate intake and helps to reduce stress and depression! The happier you are, the more healthy and fit you are sure to be. Whey protein’s cortisol reducing properties make it essential for daily health.
- Feeding Your Body Crucial Amino Acids. Amino acids are essential for your body and any fitness goal you have, and I am sure you have heard about the importance of BCAAs for muscle growth and overall health. A quality whey protein will consist of all the essential amino acids that will help to restore and recover your fatigued muscles. Amino acids are also needed for many other important bodily functions; they are found in your hair, nails, teeth, ligaments, and even organs!
- Disease Prevention. Whey protein has been found to also help in disease prevention. According to the whey protein institute, whey protein has been shown to slow cancer growth in the body. According to livestrong.com, it also has the following health benefits,”prevents type-2 diabetes by controlling blood glucose levels and promotes new skin growth to speed up wound healing. Faster skin growth can be especially beneficial for large wounds and burn victims.”