We have all been to the movies and been in awe when seeing some of the incredible physiques that the actors and actresses possess. I am also an actor in film and television, and had my debut movie role about four months ago, so I am always interested to see how many of the top male actors are training and preparing for movie roles. I remember being really concerned with how I was going to appear on camera so I researched many of the top Hollywood body workout routines. One thing that I noticed was that all of the top actors in their prime possessed a pretty similar physique. Most of them were not too big and bulky, and they all had very low body fat while having lots of lean muscle.
I studied three actors in particular who I thought had the best physique in Hollywood: Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper, and Brad Pitt (in the Fight Club days). While it is true that Hollywood actors have more time to train and have access to the best trainers in the world, I think we all can learn a few valuable training techniques from them. I have five guidelines that will help you create your own Hollywood body workout routine. These are taken straight from the biggest stars in Hollywood, and can rapidly accelerate your own fitness progress and give you your own “Hollywood body!”
- High Intensity Interval Training. It has been widely recognized that HIIT helps to burn fat and increase your growth hormone levels more than any other type of training. HIIT is the best form of cardio because you can optimize your fat burning in the shortest amount of time possible. You can perform a HIIT workout very easily doing sprint intervals on a treadmill.
- Time Under Tension with Weight Training. Seeing results in the weight room is all about your TUT, or Time Under Tension. All of the top male actors in Hollywood undergo intense weight training sessions that combine slow motion repetitions and/or high reps, to maximize your muscles’ time under tension. Improving your time under tension will help to recruit additional muscle fibers, and improve your results drastically.
- Lifting Until Failure. One thing is for certain: if you want big results, you have to put the work in. Lifting until extreme muscle failure is the best way to ensure that you will build lean muscle mass and burn fat.
- Combine High Intensity Cardio and Resistance Training. In order to get that Hollywood body, you have to combine intense resistance training and high intensity interval training. This is the best combination of muscle building and fat loss and has worked for pretty much every major Hollywood body star. Gerard Butler, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds; they have all trained with high intensity cardio and resistance training.
- Full Body Workouts. You need to train your upper body, lower body, and core multiple times a week for optimal results. Many women neglect their upper body and many men neglect their lower body. By not training half your body, you will never reach your potential and will not see the fat loss and lean muscle gains you desire. All of the celebrity workout programs are revolved around full body training.
To summarize, you will need to make the following changes in your workout program to have a Hollywood physique. You will need to work out your entire body, multiple times per week. You must combine high intensity cardio with a resistance training program. Your resistance training sessions must be intense and you must lift until failure. Maximizing your time under tension will help you lift until extreme failure. Performing HIIT will drastically speed up your fat loss results. Incorporate all five of these rules into your workout program and you will have a Hollywood body in no time!