When I was a little girl, I had a tiny pink blanket with holes and a bitten off piece in the middle. The corners were perfectly frayed and soft and it helped me sleep at night and hung out with me all day. I named it “Woogie,” and I took it everywhere: my backyard, my best friend’s house, the park, the car, the bathroom…everywhere. I could not let go of Woogie.
When I turned five and enrolled in Kindergarten, I realized if I wanted to be a “big girl,” Woogie needed to go. I truly wanted to be able to go to school without Woogie, but I could not. It terrified me. Woogie was a part of me, and it was scary to let her go. My mom sympathized with my inner struggle and came up with a plan. She had me sit down at the table and write a farewell letter to Woogie. We found a pink polka dot box to put Woogie in, put the letter in with her, sang a little song, and packed her away high up in my closet. Woogie had a place in my life at one time, but the time had come that she no longer served a helpful purpose, and Woogie needed to go.
This month’s fitmixer® giveaway topic is geared toward unleashing our “Woogies” and saying “ces’t la vie,” “adios,” and “goodbye forever” to that thing that is holding us back.
We all have “Woogie” issues that hold us back from achieving our health and fitness goals, so we’d like you to write a farewell letter and dismiss the issue from your life. Your “Woogie” can be ANYTHING, whether it be junk food, negative thoughts, belly fat, excuses…
It goes something like this:
“Dear Sleep, I love you but you are constantly making me miss my early morning gym appointment,” or “Dear Junk Food, I hate your guts. You make my gut fat…stay the hell away from me.” Okay, I know those sound humorous, and your “Woogie” might be, but it can also be something that is serious for you, like: “Dear Eating Disorder, You are messing up my life,” or “Dear Put Downs, I don’t want to hear from you any more.”
Be elaborate and confront your “Woogie!” Then, simply let it go. Don’t let it be your roadblock any longer.
Good luck to you all!
Share your break-up letter in the comments for a chance to win our August giveaway of your choice of any two-pound fitmixer® product!
For extra entries…
- Tell us which of our Ambassadors sent you here
- Leave thoughtful* feedback or encouragement to others who have written a break-up letter
- “Like” us on Facebook**
- Follow us on Twitter**
- Follow us on Instagram (@fitmixer)**
- and/or Pinterest**
Please leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH of your extra entries, as we will be doing a random drawing at the end of the month to determine the winner.
- Comment 1) “Dear Junk Food, I hate your guts. You make my gut fat…”
- Comment 2) “Janetha from meals & moves sent me!”
- Comment 3) (In response to another break-up letter) “I know EXACTLY what you’re going through! It was so hard, but I finally got over it, and so can you! Here are some great resources that I found particularly helpful during my break-up with [this thing]…”
- Comment 4) “I ‘liked’ you on Facebook! Look for [your profile name].”
- Comment 5) “I followed you on Twitter! Look for [your Twitter handle].”
- Comment 6) “I followed you on Instagram! Look for [your IG username].”
- Comment 7) “I followed your boards on Pinterest! Look for [your Pinterest username].”
The fine print
- The absolute minimum requirement to win is to write and publish your own break-up letter in the comments section below. No purchase is necessary.
- Extra entries are allowed. Please leave a separate comment for each of your extra entries. (See details and examples above.)
- Giveaway closes on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (US). We will not accept late entries.
- The winner of the giveaway will be determined by a random number drawing and will be contacted on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 via the email you provide when leaving your first comment.
- *A “thoughtful” response means saying more than just “Good luck!” Reply with a related personal experience, resources to online support groups, etc. for a valid extra entry. Any nonconstructive (and therefore invalid) comments may be deleted prior to the drawing for fairness and accuracy purposes.
- There is no cap on the number of responses you can leave for extra entries, as long as the responses fulfill the above thoughtfulness requirement.
- **Please note that we will be doing a thorough check to confirm any Facebook “likes” and Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest follows. Any extra entry comments with a false claim will be deleted promptly. Duplicate comments will also be deleted.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any participant if any of our Terms and Conditions or giveaway rules are not followed with reasonable manner. Please maintain progressive and ethical interactions with other participants. Expletives, suggestive language, violence, or hate speech will not be tolerated and may result in comment deletion, participant disqualification, and banning from further posting on fitmixer.com.