Have you ever heard someone say that they don’t make goals because not achieving them is merely less disappointment to deal with? While that tactic may work for some, most of us find ourselves wanting something to work towards; something to prove the saying, “You can achieve anything you put your mind to.” Now, whether or not we achieve all of our goals, at least we can say we tried, which is most important.
It’s really important to have goals, especially when it comes to health and fitness, because their existence is a way to focus our attention on self-progression in such a significant aspect of our lives.
This month’s fitmixer® giveaway topic is to help us realize our fitness/health goals and what steps we can take to achieve them.
We’d love to find out all about your health and fitness goals this month. Whether they are short or long-term, list them out! They can be anything from “not eating anything unnatural this week” to “working out three times a week for the rest of my life” – just write them down! Then, list out the steps you can take to achieve those goals. Examples of steps for “not eating anything unnatural this week” could be: “Buy only fresh produce and meats at the store,” “Refuse the neighbor’s weekly goodie drop-off,” and “Put a lock on the pantry and throw away the key!” In other words, list out your means to an end (the “end” being the achievement of a personal goal).
When listing everything out, remember to be realistic (unlike locking up your pantry!), because we all know it’s always easier to give up if we’re not seeing progression towards our goals. Practicality (and persistence) is key.
Lastly, while we’re not going to be able to track your progress on these goals, we encourage and hope you take this assignment seriously. We’d love it if you would drop us an update email to email@example.com upon achieving any of them!
Share your goals and steps in the comments for a chance to win our September giveaway of your choice of any two-pound fitmixer® product!
For extra entries…
- Tell us which of our Ambassadors sent you here
- Leave thoughtful* feedback or encouragement to others who have shared their goals
- “Like” us on Facebook**
- Follow us on Twitter**
- Follow us on Instagram (@fitmixer)**
- and/or Pinterest**
Please leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH of your extra entries, as we will be doing a random drawing at the end of the month to determine the winner.
- Comment 1) “My goals are: …. The steps I need to take to achieve them are: …”
- Comment 2) “Alyssa from Life of Blyss sent me!”
- Comment 3) (In response to someone else’ goals) “I am so proud to say that this was once MY goal and that I achieved it! These are some things I did that helped me get there: …”
- Comment 4) “I ‘liked’ you on Facebook! Look for [your profile name].”
- Comment 5) “I followed you on Twitter! Look for [your Twitter handle].”
- Comment 6) “I followed you on Instagram! Look for [your IG username].”
- Comment 7) “I followed your boards on Pinterest! Look for [your Pinterest username].”
The fine print
- The absolute minimum requirement to win is to write and publish your personal fitness and health goals, and the steps you need to take to achieve them, in the comments section below. No purchase is necessary.
- Extra entries are allowed. Please leave a separate comment for each of your extra entries. (See details and examples above).
- Giveaway closes on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (US). We will not accept late entries.
- The winner of the giveaway will be determined by a random number drawing and will be contacted on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 via the email you provide when leaving your first comment.
- *A “thoughtful” response means saying more than just “Good luck!” Reply with a related personal experience, resources to online support groups, etc. for a valid extra entry. Any nonconstructive (and therefore invalid) comments may be deleted prior to the drawing for fairness and accuracy purposes.
- There is no cap on the number of responses you can leave for extra entries, as long as the responses fulfill the above thoughtfulness requirement.
- **Please note that we will be doing a thorough check to confirm any Facebook “likes” and Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest follows. Any extra entry comments with a false claim will be deleted promptly. Duplicate comments will also be deleted.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any participant if any of our Terms and Conditions or giveaway rules are not followed with reasonable manner. Please maintain progressive and ethical interactions with other participants. Expletives, suggestive language, violence, or hate speech will not be tolerated and may result in comment deletion, participant disqualification, and banning from further posting on fitmixer.com.