So I got this idea from Janetha (mealsandmovesblog.com) and I thought it was such a great idea that I decided to make one for myself! I think everyone needs a bucket list for summer. It’s the best time of the year! So here we go…!
- Go camping (more): Easy! Steve and I are camping champs. I love everything about it. And look at that gigantic tent!! Makes for luxury camping. Now we just need to get out there more. I’m shooting for twice a month camp out, at least.
- Read: I normally love to read but I’ve fallen off the wagon lately. I would like to get lost in a mindless book. A real good page turner that I don’t have to learn something from. I should probably also read a book that I do learn something from but I don’t want to get ahead of myself here. Let’s start with one and go from there.
- Get to Boston: My brother lives in Boston, he has for over a year now and I still haven’t been out to see him! Bad sister! I hear only good things about it so I’m making sure I get there this summer. I also miss my brother so, so, so much!!! I haven’t seen him since Christmas so a reunion is just what we need. Anything extra special I need to do when I get there.
- Road trip: This one may be possible with a trip to California this summer. Steve’s dad lives out there and if we decide to go for a visit I’ll be able to check road trip off the list. If not, I’ll have to find another road trip I guess.
- Farmer’s market: As you know, the farmer’s market is amazing. I love it but only get out there once or twice during the summer. I need to go more than that, especially if I want to make delicious dinners with local produce. I should add that to my list as well…
- Make a delicious dinner with produce from the farmers market.
- Blogger potluck: Janetha is holding a blogger potluck on June 30th. Anyone in Utah is welcome to join! Just e-mail Janetha for more deets.
- Mountain bike: Last summer was one of the hardest ones yet. I was super down and didn’t feel like doing much. I really dropped the ball on mountain biking (and pretty much everything else). The summer before that Steve and I would go at least twice a week. Every weekend for sure. I’m going to get back to my mountain biking peak.
- Moab: One of the greatest places on Earth. Serious. And it’s only 4 hours away from me! One year we made it out there 7 times in one summer. I doubt I’ll hit 7 but at least two! Very doable. If you’re close, I highly recommend adding a Moab trip to your bucket list.
- Go to GPP (regularly): www.gppfitness.com
I want my muscles back!!! All you GPPers – Call me!
- Have a party: I love attending parties and I love hosting parties! I’m going to have a summer bash! Themed and everything. What should the theme be?
- Motorcycle rides: We purchased a motorcycle at the end of last summer so we only got to ride it for a couple short months. This summer I plan on making Steve take me on the bike every weekend. I don’t think he’ll mind.
- Clean and de-clutter: So I missed spring cleaning and now I guess it’s summer cleaning? Specifically my room, bathroom, and car. I’ll let ya know how it goes but if I have to give up one thing on my bucket list, this will be the first to go. ☺
- Teach Stella to sit: Stella is freaking adorable but she’s also not the brightest crayon in the box. CC on the other hand is a show off. She can sit, shake, lay, and all that good stuff. Stella, nothing. I’m going to really work with her this summer! She just knows there is a treat and gets all worked up and can’t focus. Any tips on teaching a dog to sit?
- Go to a drive-in movie: Um, hello?! Great idea! We used to go all the time but we haven’t been in a couple years. This summer is the one to bring this back!
- Paint a room in my house: I wish you all could see the hideous color my house is painted. It’s the same yucky beige color throughout the whole house, including the trim and doors. Sick! Not my idea, promise. Painting is the biggest pain in the butt so I haven’t ever gotten around to it (in 3 years). I think I’ll start small, with a bathroom or something. Anyone have color suggestions? I get overwhelmed with the amount of choices. Maybe that’s why I haven’t gotten to it? Maybe…
- Make DIY shorts: How freaking awesome are these??? I have the studs already, now I just need to focus and get crafty.
- Dance party with my niece and nephew: Not only is it the most adorable thing, it’s also a surprisingly great workout. They can dance circles around me. Look how gorgeous they are!
- Run outside: I’m not a runner but outside runs interest me. Fresh air, scenery, sun, music. I need to just get out there and do it!
- Make s’mores on the balcony: Look at this great idea I found! Just line terracotta pots with foil, add coals, and voila! Instant s’mores fire.
- Get a tattoo: Uh-oh! I know, I know! It will be very small – don’t worry.
- Make Janetha’s Buffalo chicken pizza: http://mealsandmovesblog.com/2012/05/29/buffalo-chicken-pizza/
- Go all out on 4th of July: My favorite holiday. Fireworks, explosions, BBQ, family, friends, sun, parade, drinks, stars and stripes…I cannot wait! I’m already getting excited. I found this tutu and could NOT pass it up! CC hates it but if I’m going to go all out, that means the dogs will as well.
- Pick an official Summer 2012 song: Taking recommendations NOW!
- Make a new friend: I really feel like I can cross this off the list already. I made SO many great new friends through Blend (blendretreat.com) that I could have made this say make TEN new friends and I still would be able to cross it off! Done and done. ☺
- Connect with an old friend: There are many coming to mind.
- Take lots of pictures: This will probably require a new camera. Dang. ☺ I only take pictures on my phone. I need a legit camera to take too many pictures with. (Steve! Are you reading this?!) I used to be the picture taker, and then I broke my camera and have slacked off. I really need to step up my picture taking, especially for the blog! Everyone loves pictures.
- Hand write a letter: Does anyone do this anymore??? I know I haven’t in so long that I can’t even remember when the last time was. I’m even going to mail it out. No, not electronic mail… the USPS way.
- Go on an extremely long hike: When we went to Colorado for Blend we went on the most amazing hike. It took about 3 ½ hours (remember the whole trying to find the group debacle?). I want to do that again. So bad. Utah is one of the best places to get out and go on hikes, there are mountains and trails everywhere but usually when we’re in the mountains we biking, four-wheeling, or camping. I want a legit hike like the one up Chautauqua. Isn’t the view just a-freaking-mazing?
- Learn something new: I never want to stop learning so of course this has to be on here. Hopefully I’ll learn more than one new thing this summer!!!! I’m learning to blog, it’s wayyyy harder than it seems!!!
Well, that’s my list. What do you guys think? I think I can get all this done. I will certainly keep you updated as I complete them.
Q: What’s on YOUR summer bucket list?!